C linical I nformatics :
Last updated on 2004-09-13
The Performance Evaluation of Efficient MAGE-ML Storage Strategies
Objective : A suggestion of effective storing mechanism for the MAGE-OM expressed by MAGE-ML through the performance analysis of each storing mechanism which enhancing query performance.
The point at issue:
What is the best way of storing MAGE-ML(XML documents)?
Storage representation has impact on query processing efficiency
Still open question which of the strategies is the best
Methods : Analysis of each representative storing mechanism
Case 1 : SNUBI Approach
Case 2 : XML-DBMS(open source)
Case 3 : Edge Approach
Case 4 : ArrayExpress or Program Development(progress)
- Performance Test : Data and Index size, Query Test
Reference(Performance Test) :
- F. Kossmann. A Performance Evaluation of Alternative Mapping Schemes for Storing XML Data in a Relational Database. August 1999
- F. Tian, D.J.DeWitt, J.Chen, C.Zhang, The Design and Performance Evaluation of Alternative XML Storage Strategies, SIGMOD Record, Vol 31, No. 1, March 2002
- J. Shanmugasundaram, H. Gang, K. Tufte, C. Yhang, D. J. DeWitt, and J. Naughton. Relational databases for querying xml documents: Limitations and opportunities. In Proc. Int. Conf. on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB), pages 302--314, 1999.
- R. Bourret, C. Bornhovd, and A. Buchmann, A Generic Load/Extract Utility for Data Transfer Between XML Documents and Relational Databases, WECWIS 2000, Milpitas, CA.
- Shiyong Lu, Yezhou Sun, Mustafa Atay, Farshad Fotouhi: A New Inlining Algorithm for Mapping XML DTDs to Relational Schemas. 366-377
- Sihem Amer-Yahia, Divesh Srivastava: A mapping schema and interface for XML stores. WIDM 2002: 23-30
- maxedSQL Performance Considerations Site http://bioinf.man.ac.uk/microarray/maxd/maxdSQL/performance.html