Translational Bioinformatics Conference (TBC) will aim to
highlight the multi-disciplinary nature research field and provide
an opportunity to bring together and exchange ideas between
translational bioinformatics researchers. TBC puts its initial
emphasis on promoting translational bioinformatics research
activities initiated in Asia-Pacific region such that the first annual
will be held in Seoul, Korea. Translational bioinformatics is a
rapidly emerging field of biomedical data sciences and
informatics technologies that efficiently translate basic molecular,
genetic, cellular, and clinical data into clinical products or health
implications. Translational bioinformaticians with a mix of
computer scientists, engineers, epidemiologists, physicists,
statisticians, physicians and biologists come together to create
the unique intellectual environment of our meeting.
Major topic areas of this year are focused on infra-technological innovations from bench to bedside, with a particular emphasis on clinical implications
- To present and exchange the latest progresses in translational bioinformatics.
- To identify the current challenges, to find research and funding opportunities, and develop future perspectives.
- To demonstrate how genomic data-driven informatics approaches can facilitate clinical research, genomic medicine, and healthcare
- To facilitate trans-disciplinary interactions among computational biology, genomics, bio-data sciences, translational medicine, and healthcare.
- To provide educational opportunities for the rapidly growing new comers.
- To develop and deploy platform for resource and problem sharing among nation-wide biomedical informatics initiatives.